Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ignorance is Bliss

As I approached the beach this morning, a little later than usual, I was taken by how calm the water appeared. I get in and it is a nice cool temp (for the med) and the visibility is incredible. I swim out to the buoy and once out there take advantage of the solitude and quite. Quiet is not something you get much of in a city like Barcelona, and being out a couple hundred meters from the beach gives that too you.

After a couple of minutes of just floating, I hear someone near by and it is a young kid on a wind surfboard. When I look ahead of me, I see a jellyfish. Ok no problem I swim away from it. Then the kid says, "I've seen a lot of jelly fish, be careful" and then proceeds to point out the one I was swimming towards. Ok time to head back to the beach.....as I put my head in the water I realize they are all over the place.

Fuck, I just knew I was going to get stung. I do not know how I managed to swim out that far, spend 5 minutes floating around and not stung. I slowly maneuvered my way back to the beach and made it without incident. I talked to my old people a little bit until Marta got to the beach, needless to say se didn't swim out to the buoy this morning either.

I hope they are gone tomorrow I missed my morning swim!

No comments: