Sunday, August 27, 2006

BBQ with friends

Yesterday, I went to my first BBQ in Spain. I needed it so much! Although it wasn't the first time I BBQ'd in Spain......that's another story!

It was at my friend Santi's mothers house about 20 minutes outside of the city. Being in a smaller town, completely residential, backed up by a forest with a big yard and lots of plants and trees made it the perfect setting. The food was excellent and the company even better. The day was your typical gathering with people from all over the world. Santi's mother and her two friends were so much fun to speak with and listen to their stories. As they went back and forth from speaking Spanish and Catalan, I realized that my comprehension of Catalan keeps getting better and I find a lot of gratification in that.

One more very memorable day in Spain!

No comments: